- November 2018
- Posted By Chris Pike
- 0 Comments
Breach of contract is where you or a customer does not do what you agreed to do as set out in your contract. You might not deliver the right goods or provide a service on time, or a customer might not pay you.
There are legal remedies for breach of contract. The consumer may be able to claim for a repair or replacement of goods, a full or partial refund, or compensation. You may be able to claim compensation if you lose money as a result of a consumer cancelling the contract.
So the legal remedies are there if you need them. Hopefully, you will not experience a breach of contract escalating as far as court action. Communication is key to resolving contractual disputes and in many cases acceptable solutions can be successfully negotiated between the parties.
However, if you do find yourself in a breach of contract situation that is deeply entrenched and going to court seems to be your only option, consider trying mediation first.
Mediation is less stressful than court, it is quicker and it is substantially cheaper. Talk To Me Mediation charges a reasonable hourly rate per party compared to legal fees which can run into thousands. Mediation is confidential and there is no public record of the proceedings.
Typically, a mediation will follow these steps:
• The mediator will introduce him or herself and inform the parties about the rules and goals of mediation
• Each side is then given the opportunity to describe the dispute as he or she sees it without interruption
• The mediator may then have a discussion with both parties or will meet privately with each party to work through the issues
• After discussing the issues with the parties, both parties will then meet jointly to negotiate a solution
• If the negotiation is successful a signed agreement will be drawn up
Talk To Me Mediation specialises in resolving contractual disputes.
Contact us to arrange a free no obligation appraisal of your options, Tel: 07847 811 843 or email enquiries @talktomemediation.co.uk
Let us help you resolve your dispute today!